About Me

Image Map

Thursday, August 4, 2016

It's Early August, Please leave me alone.


**Please excuse my blog header and above text as I'm Under Construction**

Here is the Post:

August gets a bad rap if you work in schools and I think I know why.  My school year doesn't start until the last week in August, but we start receiving emails from administration, mailings from kids' schools, and those back-to-school ads- ugh!  I don't know about you all, but the knot in my stomach tightens with each too early mention of the school year.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job! I love my students, my school, the administration, all of it.  But, we have a much-deserved summer off. Our pay is typically based on school days worked and many of us have children to care for and summer jobs.

I'm interested in hearing whether or not you feel an obligation to start work prep August 1st or if you take off running with the start of the school year. Or maybe you're somewhere in between and ease into your job a week before your start date. Post your experiences and thoughts in the comments.

On a side note, I do notice some schools actually start the first week in August (bless you); hence the TpT sale and national BTS shopping ads. I really look forward to starting the year at the END of August.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I don't in until the very last minute!! I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, I was worried I would look like a slacker from this post. I feel much better knowing you're with me.

      Delete
  2. Some years, I try not to check my email until the week before we go back. I figure if it's important, they'll call!
    Other years, I'll just check it once a week.
    Enjoy the rest of your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. Thank you! Gardening today.

      Delete