About Me

Image Map

Saving the trees

I'm a tree hugger.  I try to be good to the environment by recycling, composting, and repurposing.  It is important for me to teach my children and students about caring for the environment so I try to be a good role model.

My school in Vermont recently purchased filtered drinking fountains with a water bottle filling spout.  They show a digital number of the thousands of bottles saved from landfills.  I feel fortunate to live in VT and work in a school with administration and staff whose values align with mine.  

Here is something simple that I do to save the trees from all of the wasteful photo copies:




There are sheet protectors over my color pages for students to work on.  They wipe clean and are able to enjoy the color markers as well as color copies of worksheets.  



This works for lamination as well but I find the sheet protectors wipe cleaner.  They are also a snap to assemble and remove easily when coping is warranted.  You can even organize materials by placing some black and white copies behind the color copy in the protector sleeve.  

Think Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment