About Me

Image Map

Data Collection (with freebies!) linky party!

Welcome to the wonderful world of data!
With the new school year we are blessed with a clean slate to start our data tracking.  I'm working harder to keep my data current and organized and am ready to give you a sneak peek at my data binder. 

The free Speech Data Organization Kit from Speechy Musings is what I use to make my data, IEP, work sample, and schedule binders beautiful.  I love the design and it matches my office (what-isn't that important?). 

As you'll see in picture two, I have my binder organized in order of grade and with student initials.  I love my label maker!

 Click on any of the photos to take you to the purchase site.  Most are free resources. 

 For easy reference, I have copied all of the Common Core Standards that overtly relate to my grade levels and areas in which I serve kids.  I also have included, for easy access,  my Student Directed Rubrics.  These are my primary progress monitoring tool for this area of language therapy.  

Here is a freebie sample of my student-directed rubrics:

Under each student tab you'll find an attendance log.  I found this freebie by Arielle Gawron on TPT and really like the reasons for absence coding system.  Simply Speech has a speech running record form which is an easy way to track Quick Artic students.  For this I have an individual tab. 
I've recently developed an updated and FREE daily charting sheet. 
 (click either picture to download)   


Most of my EET companion products, figurative language products, and my calendar of language bundle contain data tracking pages and rubrics.  I save my student work samples from these products along with the rubrics and data pages to use for progress reports, to share at IEP meetings, and to file in student records.

There you have it!  Data tracking made a little easier!
 

8 comments:

  1. Well I think you are pretty well organized! Love the student driven rubrics and of course the room matching binder! A necessity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...and I thought I was organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great way to store and keep your data! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew!! You are amazing. I don't keep a separate attendance sheet as I note attendance on my data collection sheet. I'm curious why so many SLPs have one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you involve your students in monitoring their progress! I have done this for artic, but have always had a hard time with language students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Word of Mouth-- having students track language data is difficult! I'd love to find an efficient way to do that! Rubrics definitely help with that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for ALL of the fabulous ideas for data collection! So inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete