About Me

Image Map

At the end of the day...

Hello all,  Many of you are coming from our new
Frenzied SLP Facebook page and I welcome you! 
Each month our group will bring you themed tips, ideas, and/or resources to help make your frenzied life a little easier.  I'm excited to kick-off the group with this New Year's tip to start your 2015 off on the right foot. 
If you're like me, you are inundated with to-do lists.  We start our day thinking of all of the things we have to do which sets us up for exhaustion even before our workday has begun.   Well, I have a little tip to change your thinking and your outlook.
Steven Covey, author of 7 Habits of Highly Successful People, said to "start with the end in mind".  I have been using this tip for my day-to-day to-dos by starting the day visualizing or even documenting how my day will end.   For example, my Medicaid is overdue, an intense meeting is scheduled, and I've been slacking on my healthy habits.  Instead of driving to work with a dread-list and voices in my head going something like this: "OMG-I need to get my Medicaid started,  this meeting is going to be a disaster, why am I not taking care of myself?  I'm so behind and don't know how I'm going to get it all done.  I hate Mondays!"  If I start my day envisioning a successful day the voices in my head change to say, "My Medicaid is completed, I was helpful, professional, and remained student-focused during the meeting, and I drank 27 ounces of water.  I feel proud of all I have accomplished today!"  
Try it!  I promise, you'll make better use of your time and have a much more positive attitude while persevering through your daily to-dos.  
Thanks so much for checking out my blog and hanging out with us at our new Frenzied SLP Facebook page.  

3 comments:

  1. Great tip! Thank you so much for sharing. Yes, I agree! We have to stay positive and visualize good end results. If not, the negativity will get in the way of getting our to-do lists done in a successful way.
    Have a great day back at work!
    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tip!!! I'll be using it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete